This fall, Sligo staff submitted mini-grant proposals to the PTSA for things that are not covered in the school budget. Thanks to our membership dues and successful fundraisers (especially Fitness Fun Day), the PTSA was able to award grants for the following:
- 2 cameras for Digital Art and Photography
- Ceramic tiles for Mosaic art
- Food for volunteers on Career day
- Geo-Bee t-shirts and prizes
- t-shirts for the “Mathetes” team
- water bottles and prizes for Spring soccer tournament
- new stage lighting for the drama department
- subscriptions to “Science World” magazine and “Science Saurus” reference books for the science department
In addition, we were able to fund additional requests from the PE and Music Department, as well as help subsidize the costs of the Walter’s Art Museum field trip from other money allocated in the budget for these items.
We would love to fund another round of mini-grants in the Spring, so please consider supporting the PTSA by becoming a member, making a donation or supporting our fundraisers!!