Greetings Sligo Parents!
For the third year in a row, Sligo Middle School PTSA is organizing a Fitness Fun Day to be held Wednesday, November 15, during the school day. This is the school’s largest fundraiser, and our goal this year is to raise $20,000 to support the school.
To make this event possibe, we need your help! Please consider volunteering at the event on November 15. Volunteer shifts are less than 2 hours and are a lot of fun! The students rotate between different fitness stations (basketball, soccer, running and dance). We need parents to help keep track of participation and simply spend time exercising with the students. We promise; it’s a fun volunteer gig! And for all volunteers, we will be holding a post-event celebration (more details coming).
Here is what you need to know:
* Students attend Fitness Fun Day during their PE class.
* Anyone can volunteer– you don’t have to be a pro-athlete ;). Plus, you get a cool tshirt!
* The event is outside, so dress appropriately!
* Members of the Fitness Fun Day committee will be there to direct you when you arrive so it’s a fun and easy job
* Your donation of time will help us raise funds to support academic, cultural and fitness enrichment activities throughout the year for the 700+ students that attend Sligo.
Sign up to volunteer today! Please and thank you!
Kim Engstrom & Emily Kirby
Fitness Fun Day Co-Chairs